Sunday, February 14, 2010

Planning Ahead

Today's food lists:  1 piece of whole wheat cinnamon toast, 1//3 of 1/2 california chicken wedge, 1 banana, spinach salad with grilled chicken bacon, hardboiled egg, water chestnuts, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion and dressing, 1 piece of banana bread (made with healthy recipe -- not the usual one that is very high octane)

I went to the grocery store today and shopped the edges!  I've done that a lot recently - trying to use as little processed food as I can.  However, sometimes, it's hard to avoid it.  Hubby is going to be traveling quite a bit over the next several months, usually that can be a trigger for me to just eat junk.  But I am going to have to make decisions to eat real, whole foods, even with him gone a lot.  I did grill a bunch of extra chicken tonight that I sliced, put in "snack bags" in 3 oz portions, and popped in the freezer.  I have a big container of spinach still in the fridge and made extra of the yummy homemade dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment